Sunday, October 10, 2004

here i go again..





hi! am so inspired by the four friends who have responded very enthusiastically and asked me to keep blogging, that i'm at it again!! thanks, friends.



something to discuss..

kanishk is on this trip of finding out whether people like their lives and their occupations - so i've been answering questions about whether the beggar at the car window likes what he's doing, or the traffic cop or the waiter at pizza hut. he also wanted to know if i liked making dinner for him (the maid was unwell hence it was my job for the day) - i was bemused and asked him what alternatives i had at that moment. he thought a bit and came up with - 'mmm, maybe you could force me to cook!' i couldn't stop laughing as i refused his offer but now am thinking - what kind of power do i wield over my poor little son? does he really think grown-ups (specifically moms) would do that to their children? or was it just a rhetorical question that i am now reading too much into? comments please.



p.s - i could really enjoy this - i can say what i want with no interruptions :-)

2 comments:

  1. in our kind of households wishes are granted without being aksd twice. Kids love working hard as bring out something entirely on thier own to show thier moms they too can do things independently.Sometimes the way we pity poor people,and comment on thier hardships,and tell our kids how lucky they are, puts an element of jealousy in thier minds.They too want to do things on thier own and show us that they have hardships too...
    Hence the query.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well sandhya I am inclined to agree that very often I do force my kids into doing things. While I read often enough about kids need to do things independently etc I often find that if i let them "be" they might be turning into beings who are definitely immensely pleasure seeking and often I find that if I force them to do certain things , after a while they start liking it enough. I feel the same way about a lot of things too. I remember the first day when I forced myself to walk around boat club road for a full 60 minutes it was terribly hard and I didnt really "enjoy " it but later it was ok.
    While we dont have to "force" them to do every thing we want them to do , I think certain basic rules and guidelines do help!!!

    ReplyDelete