Friday, April 10, 2020

Lockdown - Day 17

I love this time of the morning, when the rest of the household is sleeping. Apart from the sounds of the fans whirring in some rooms inside the house, the only other sounds heard here on the terrace is that of the birds. I've been given an app to figure out the sounds of different birds and maybe I'll be an expert in a few days but right now, it's nice to know that I can hear the birds. And the most heartening thing is that this is what I hear even when there is no lockdown and the world is 'normal' and busy.

Freshly washed by the rains last evening, the terrace is a combination of clean in the centre and mucky with mud and leaves on the sides, and I know I'll need to sweep the place soon. However, I shall first savour the freshness, the birds, the trees all around, the slight nip in the air which is special for mid-April and enjoy my cup of tea ...in silence. 

1 comment:

  1. It always amazes me at how chores manage to enter any contemplation. It is like - oh look, cavern of quiet, and yes, it would be nice if those cobwebs were cleared.

    ReplyDelete